Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More about Health Insurance for Freelance Writers

A post from last month dealt with health insurance options for freelance writers. In the post I mentioned two professional organizations that offer insurance options for their members, the National Writers Union and the National Association of Science Writers.

Well, I just got the latest issue of Writer's Digest magazine and there's an article about the same topic by freelance writer Linda Formichelli. She mentions other organizations that offer similar insurance options:


Formichelli also suggests looking for health insurance plans through your alumni association, your local chamber of commerce, and your state's Farm Bureau. You can approach them as a rightful business owner (which you are!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone told me about her story. The Fractured Atlas plans were sort of odd...not like real plans...You can go to any doctor 6 times a year or something--but then no doctors were listed for my area...and that would not be "any" anyhow. The TEIGIT at NWU had limits on pre-existings...they all do. My AZ plan for uninsurables is going into play and my premium will go to %825 a mo with a deductible, etc. I may be joining the great unwashed.

Anonymous said...

freelance rates, data entry jobs and contract management jobs can be found at ICanFreelance.com