I want to encourage you to write your own medical writing resolutions for this year and to review them every once in a while. Below are some "sample resolutions" that you can fit to your needs.
- Publish 5-10 health-related articles in consumer health publications
- Attend the AMWA Annual Conference (or a chapter conference)
- Enroll in a medical writing certificate or graduate program
- Submit my CV to medical writing recruiters
- Write a book in my area of expertise (or collaborate with an expert)
- Increase my number of freelance clients by 20%
- Leave my job and become a freelancer (or vice versa)
- Create my own Web site and market my writing/editing services
- Start a blog on my area of expertise
- Go to medical school (not recommended for everyone!)
- Increase my rates (for freelancers)
- Obtain a salary raise (check out this article about getting a bigger raise)If you are up to it, I suggest you add completion dates in advance to every goal and write down specific actions you need to take to accomplish them. Finally, share your goals with people that can help you achieve them. This will boost your success chances greatly.
Last year, I suggested a great book to help you with your personal goals, Jack Canfield's The Success Principles. An even better one that I'm reading right now is Utmost Living by Tim Storey.
Thanks for reading and happy new year!